Cherry Chia Seed Pudding
Dessert can be healthy too. This Cherry Chia Seed pudding has the health benefits of Chia while still being delicious & fruity.
Prep Time15 Minutes; Passive Time3 Hours
Servings for 4 People
- 3 Metric Cup (250ml) Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Metric Cup (250ml) Cherries, Pitted & Halved
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) Ground Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Stevia
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- Metric Cup (250ml) Chia Seeds (Black)
- 0.25 Metric Cup (250ml) Cashews
- 0.25 Metric Cup (250ml) Cherrie, Pitted & Halved
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Cold Water
- 0.25 Table Spoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 0.125 Table Spoon(s) Stevia
- Blend milk, cherries, cardamom, Stevia and vanilla together in a blender on high until smooth. Pour the cherry mixture over chia seeds and whisk thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes then stir again. After 10 minutes, stir again. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Soak the cashews in water and also refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the cream, blend the cherries in a blender until you have a smooth puree. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add to the blender along with cold water. Blend until the cashews are liquefied, and have a smooth texture. Add vanilla and Stevia and blend until well combined.
- Before serving, give the pudding a good stir and divide into 4 cups; top with cream and more cherries.